As the saying goes “when one door closes, another open”, or even a “window.” That’s pretty great because who wants to keep waiting for the closed door to open again? But can we help ourselves? Sometimes we wish it would crack just a little to let part of us back in, even just a window. But if that door closed, was it meant for us in the first place? Or at least right now?
What can we do to keep moving forward?
- Learn from our past, so we don’t continue to repeat the same mistakes
- Allow ourselves to mourn it, but not obsess over it
- Continue to look forward realistically and optimistically
- Look at what new possibilities the door closing could open in multiple directions
- Ask friends for their input on what they think this means for your future
- Purge things that remind you of the bad times or at least put them away so you won’t see them everyday
- Live in the moment and appreciate where the past brought you today
- Find new hobbies and activities to keep you preoccupied
- Find things you love to do by yourself that make you happy
- Give yourself a compliment each day
image source – canva