Have you ever wondered what it takes to have stress of the bullshit, and more of the “good shit”? The people who put you down, the frustrations of a morning commute, having to actually be an adult and vacuum and clean your apartment, finding time for yourself, and actually getting some sleep?
For me it’s the tedious things like: people who just complain about life or create drama for no reason, having to clean my apartment regularly, living the lifestyle I want while also staying on budget, when people don’t return messages in a timely manner, etc.
So how can I or you cleanse ourselves of the bull we put up with, when we don’t have to?
- People who complain about life / create drama – remove or reduce your time with them. You don’t have to keep people in your life just because they’re present today or have been for a long period of time. If they make you stressed or overwhelmed they aren’t contributing positive vibes, but instead taking energy from you and not returning anything good in return.
- Cleaning and being all domestic – I’ll get myself to keep my place tidy on a regular / weekly basis but when it comes to the big cleaning, I will procrastinate as much as possible. So instead I hired a once a month cleaning service to come and do the heavy lifting. Worth it.
- Lifestyle and budget – I’ve taken the time to make a spreadsheet to determine my fixed costs per month, how much I can afford to put in savings, while still living a happy life with my monthly income. So I divide my monthly budget (outside of fixed costs) into a weekly amount, based upon plans for that week. It allows me to see what I can play with and borrow from another week if I need or want to.
- Being courteous in communication – Perhaps it’s because I constantly ensure I return messages and am communicative in return out of respect, I expect the same in return. When communication is completely ignored, well hey – that’s just selfish and disrespectful. If it’s forgotten, hey that happens, but it shouldn’t happen each time.
What else can do?
- Be patient and accept people for who they are, and not what we want them to be
- Budget weekly time for ourselves
- Listen to our bodies, and take the extra sleep when we need it
- Take a minute to breathe and think about it from the other person’s perspective and give them a break if they deserve it
- Just shake it off – if it isn’t a make or break situation on life and happiness, it can be let go
image source – pixabay