It’s easy to set goals. It’s easy to think of a plan. The hard part…continuing down the road towards your goal and getting to the finish line.
Some of us have goals to get a promotion, some have a goal to lose weight, or to gain muscle mass, while others are looking to start a hobby or learn a new skill like photography.
It’s easy to get started. Sometimes there’s this high after the first practice, first day or first gym session. You feel excited, and you are pumped to reach that goal. Unfortunately for some of us, if we don’t see results quickly, we feel like our plan isn’t working and our goal won’t be reached in that manner. So we quit.
Perhaps you try another method. And perhaps you quit again.
The question is…how far will you go? How much will you commit to reach your goal?
Here are a few things you can do to keep moving forward without going sideways…
- have someone hold you accountable
- have a friend join you on reaching the goal
- set smaller goals along the way and keep track of your successes
- Treat yourself each time you reach a small goal on the path tot he larger one
- Set a timetable to reach it, and calendar how you will
Remember, it’s ok to stumble, as long as you get back up and keep going.
image source – pixabay