So they say you’re supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day (at least)… sounds feasible right? And then you realize you’ve barely had 2. Well that didn’t go as well as you hoped. I know I’m absolutely horrible at it, and I say that to my doctor almost every time. So I’ve found a few tricks that help me drink more than I used to:
- Find a fun water bottle – I have a big thing for both Sigg bottles and Swell ones. Best part is you don’t have to worry about the water getting tepid, and staying cold.
- Add some flavor – When I’m home I cut up slices of fresh lemon or lime and add them to my water. It’s like a restaurant or spa experience but daily, instead.
- I cheated – Sometimes I use soda water as part of my water quantity, in order to drink some more. I know, I know not the real thing, but at least it’s close.
- Play a game – I try to challenge myself to have more than the day before, and see if I can beat myself.
- Remember my goals – That it helps my skin, face and body feel better. I feel more energetic, well-rested, and know that I’m helping reach my health and wellness goals a little bit more.
And if those don’t work, find one that suits you!