Sometimes you need a little escape from reality. An escape to bring you back to when you were a kid or allow you fill someone else’s shoes. It’s easy to binge watch and escape into a show or movie, but instead why not take a break from life and digital. Give your eyes a break from the screen. Pick up an actual book or go to a museum for a day. Allow yourself some intellectual escape. Or fall into the characters of a novel you’ve been dying to read.
Not sure what to snag? Here are a few ideas:
- in a dark, dark wood – the latest novel said to be almost as good as Gone Girl
- Harry Potter and the cursed child – the latest and last in the series, because we can all use a little magic and remember the childhood books of Harry
- The Girls – because all the stars are raving about it (so it must be good, right?)
- Truly, Madly, Guilty – The latest by the author of the Husband’s Secret – guilty pleasures galore
- The Girl on the Train – because you should have already read this in anticipation of the new movie release coming soon
And when you’re not in the mood to read, get yourself outside and be a little cultural and stuff.
image source: telegraph