…do you ever feel like you’re stuck on it? The hamster wheel that keeps turning in circles and you’re stuck doing the same thing over and over again and you can’t remember the last time you did something different?
The past couple weeks I felt like that. I felt like a robot or hamster on that wheel just spinning and spinning. I would get up (workout if I had time, or save it for the evening), go to work, do more work when I got home, eat, exercise (if not in the morning), sleep, and repeat. It was just one of those weeks when there wasn’t time for anything else, and it was cyclical.
So what do we do when we’re that hamster….trying not to fall off or repeat ourselves over and over?
- Find a space in time where we can find even 15 minutes to break the cycle. Take that time to meditate or re-focus yourself.
- Sleep a little less if possible (not less than you need of course) but to fit in a couple extra things in the AM
- Although you’re doing the same things, perhaps you can listen to some new tunes while you do them to get you jazzed up or re-motivated. Check out all our playlists here.
- If you have a pet, take some extra time in the morning to play with it. Pets always put people in a better mood.
- Make plans at the end of the week to look forward to so you can jump off that hamster wheel to something awesome.
image source – pixabay